Sunday, January 15, 2006

posted by Elizabeth at 7:18 AM

Hoping you'll join me!

So, what do you think? I thought this would be a better way to share our knitting, and the cool sites we find. Although blogger can get bogged down, and uploading photos sometimes takes some time, it's much easier to comment on the projects this way.

I'm hoping you don't think I'm a huge loser dork. I dropped the old blog I had, as keeping up with the family one is all I can do. However, I still write you & show you what I'm doing, as you do for me.

On to a little knitting.

Recognize the pattern & the novelty yarn? I thought I might give this to Mom for her birthday. Before I do I'm going to experiment with a magnetic closure. Do you think a wool bag is too heavy for Florida?
Pattern: This pattern you sent to me.

Yarn: Cascade 220 and the novelty yarn you gave me...it's Italian, but the name escapes me & I'm too lazy to go find it in my stash.

Comments: I did a 4 stitch I cord instead of a flat handle that was used in the pattern. In my opinion, it's too thick. The pattern also only wanted 6 rows of accent yarn. I would have preferred 8. I felted this mother for a long time, as I prefer not to see the stitches. Overall I loved this project, and may repeat it, as I want to give the perfect bag to Mom.
|