Pre-felting. The bowl as a beret.

I made it out of wool that I have had since the late 80's. It is very coarse, and totally yucky to knit. I've got about 8 skeins of it. Ugh. I would sell it on e-bay, but I think the buyer would return it to me. On the bright side, the color is really pretty.
Post-felting. This sucker took a long time to felt. Like an hour. The sides are not as firm as I would like them to be. It's a little frustrating. I'm making another, and I think I'll make the sides double thickness.
Pattern: My own creation, which was inspired by this pattern. Yes, I bought a pattern. I have yet to make it.
Yarn: Ballybrae Bulky. Is it even made anymore?
Needles: Size 9

I made it out of wool that I have had since the late 80's. It is very coarse, and totally yucky to knit. I've got about 8 skeins of it. Ugh. I would sell it on e-bay, but I think the buyer would return it to me. On the bright side, the color is really pretty.Post-felting. This sucker took a long time to felt. Like an hour. The sides are not as firm as I would like them to be. It's a little frustrating. I'm making another, and I think I'll make the sides double thickness.

Pattern: My own creation, which was inspired by this pattern. Yes, I bought a pattern. I have yet to make it.
Yarn: Ballybrae Bulky. Is it even made anymore?
Needles: Size 9

<< Home