Friday, June 09, 2006

posted by Estella at 3:33 AM

Two WIPs

Well, I started my sweater that knits up 2 stitches to the inch...this pic looks like a sleeve but it really is the back. I put the stitches at the neck on a holder rather than binding off as per the directions. I'm going to do a double bind off at the shoulders for a cleaner look and less sewing! I'm worried it might be too small but every time I hold it up to check sizing it makes it across my chest...time will tell. It is odd to be knitting something so fuzzy when all I want is cotton for a tank. I'm still waiting for my Pocovoli yarn to arrive.


This is a petal bib for Anna's little one...I don't have size 6 DPN's and I refuse to do as much i-cord as it calls for on circulars. Today is my one day off this week and the LYS is closed for some stupid reason...so I'll have to go to the other LYS which I don't like as much...however, I can pick up some more cotton for a baby bolero for a co-worker's soon to be born grandson. Anyway, the petal bib is a fun, easy pattern. Why didn't I knit when all my friends were having babies?

So, have you gotten your One Skein package yet? Mine hasn't arrived but I love the anticipation of coming home to the mailbox to see if it has. I mailed mine off on Monday. She should be getting it today or tomorrow.
|