Wednesday, May 24, 2006

posted by Elizabeth at 12:09 PM

Thrift Shop Finds

Yesterday I cleaned out the kids' toy box. Today I took a load to to donate to the thrift store. While there I decided see if there were any interesting books. In the past I've found some great patterns. The books were a bust, so I decided to head over to the craft area. Usually the place is a haven for old Red Heart. You can imagine my surprise when I saw this lovely green color with a Rowan label.




I have yet to try my hand at self striping sock yarn. It's very intriguing.

The two skeins of the sock yarn are made in Austria, and is a blend of wool and polyamide (Ok, so what really is polyamide? All I know is that when it's on a yarn label, the yarn is expensive. This stuff was priced at $7.95)

I scored!
|