Boys Who Knit
Don't know if you saw the June 6th post on Knit and Tonic. I almost left a comment, as I would have made the 11th comment, and perhaps it would have been read. (Though I think Wendy reads all her comments, even if there are 87 of them, and lots are repetitive)
Evidently lots of people had strong feelings about people who don't want little boys to knit.
Here's how I feel.

That would be my son, Pierson, working on his third project. It is going to be a pillow. He already made a hat and a trivet. He bugged me endlessly this morning, as I was frantically working on my current project. We quickly decided upon this, and got him started. Today he learned to purl, and is doing great.
I've been asking his sister to finish the hat she started months ago, but to no avail.
Did anyone participate in Knit in Public Day on June 10th? I missed celebrating it, but must say I though it rather silly, as that's how I do most of my knitting. (At soccer/baseball games, gymnastic practice, orthodontist appointments, etc) Pierson wasn't at all embarrassed to be knitting in public. He was a bit nervous about the bag I gave him to carry his knitting. It's creme with small green leaves. I told him it was boyish, as it didn't have any flowers. Just the same, he asked his sister to carry it into the restaurant.
Evidently lots of people had strong feelings about people who don't want little boys to knit.
Here's how I feel.

That would be my son, Pierson, working on his third project. It is going to be a pillow. He already made a hat and a trivet. He bugged me endlessly this morning, as I was frantically working on my current project. We quickly decided upon this, and got him started. Today he learned to purl, and is doing great.
I've been asking his sister to finish the hat she started months ago, but to no avail.
Did anyone participate in Knit in Public Day on June 10th? I missed celebrating it, but must say I though it rather silly, as that's how I do most of my knitting. (At soccer/baseball games, gymnastic practice, orthodontist appointments, etc) Pierson wasn't at all embarrassed to be knitting in public. He was a bit nervous about the bag I gave him to carry his knitting. It's creme with small green leaves. I told him it was boyish, as it didn't have any flowers. Just the same, he asked his sister to carry it into the restaurant.

<< Home