Tuesday, May 16, 2006

posted by Elizabeth at 6:36 AM

One Skein Secret Pal Questions- Answered

I see these posted on blogs all the time. Quite frequently I skim them. What about you?

1. Which yarn is most like your personality (you can be specific or general with your answer- brand, type, color, fiber, whatever)?
Gosh...match my personality. That's a little deep for me. Um, I love wool & wool blends, but knit more cotton in the summer. Can't say I like novelty yarns. So, personality wise, I'm pretty real & natural. Hmm...never thought that my yarn preferences mirrored my personality. Pretty cool.
2. What is your favorite color yarn to knit/crochet with?
OK, just to contradict the above, I don't like earth tones. I rarely find myself knitting with brown.
3. Have you ever used variegated, or magic, yarns?
Unlike the rest of the knitting world, I haven't gotten on the sock bandwagon. Those self striping yarns do fascinate me. One day I'm sure I'll give them a try. I have used Noro Kureyon for a felted bag, and love how it stripes.
4. Do you tend to favor certain fibers when choosing yarns? Um, I guess I answered this in #1.
5. Do you prefer to knit with center pull or traditionally wound balls?
I have knit with traditionally wound balls for years. When I started knitting I had no money for a yarn winder. Now it's my best friend. I suppose I prefer center pull.
6. Have you ever worked with organic yarns or are you interested in trying them?
Ok, where have I been? Organic yarns? Never even knew about them. I would certainly be interested in trying them.
7. How many and what projects have you made in the last year?
The book One Skein was written with a knitter like me in mind. Long ago I used to knit sweaters. (This was in the 80's...we're talking BIG sweaters) I now have no interest in knitting them. I love little projects. I have no idea how many I did last year. 20+??
8. Will you be knitting any gifts this year?
Is the Pope Catholic? Yes, my poor family & friends.
9. What is your favorite one skein project?
Right now I'm favoring the clutch. There are so many great patterns. I am not allowing myself to start any until I finish a few of the projects already on needles.
10. How much yarn do you have in your stash and how do you store it?
See the de-stashing post on or about April 1st.
11. Do you have a yarn in your stash that you love so much you can never use it or part with it?
Yes, quite a few. I don't have any projects in mind, but I love them all.
edit: Unless I have a project in mind for a particular skein, I would give away just about anything in my stash. It's great to share yarn when you know somebody really loves it as much as you do.
12. Do you knit less or differently in the summer?
Yeah, I guess I do. I knit mostly with cotton in the summer, and I don't really like how it doesn't give. Last year I made a bunch of tanks for my daughter. I've already got two different patterns lined up for this summer.
13. Do you belong to any knitting groups (online or offline)?
Sadly no. I've only lived in Reno for 2 years, and haven't too many friends. A new knitting group just started, and I'm hoping to join it.
|