Monday, December 04, 2006

posted by Estella at 9:16 AM

Watch out...it's taking over the house!

So as I was knitting yesterday afternoon during the Giants game, several members of the family (including the dog) had trouble getting to the sofa...no wonder. My many projects are taking over the whole family room! Let's see...I count 5 bags of projects, a stitch counter and 3 stitch holders on the table, and the cardigan I'm making on the lower half of the table. No room for anyone...just my knitting. I'll admit one of the bags can be put away as it has leftover skeins of the garter stitch scarf I made.

Here's what I've done of the cardigan so far...the sleeve looks short but it is supposed to be 3/4 length. One more sleeve in the works (you can see it in the clear bag above) and the on to joining them and making the yoke.

Okay, I've bitten the bullet...I'm making socks. Another Christmas gift for my friend Jackie (part of the keeping her warm this winter theme to go with the wristwarmers). The pattern is a basic sock one by Ann Norling and the yarn is Regia Bamboo...very soft and springy. I'll keep you posted on whether or not socks are part of my future after finishing these...I decided to forgo the k2p2 ribbing all the way down...just too tedious and I wanted to see what kind of patterning this yarn might have...basically it's just variegated.

I also wanted to show you my lovely advent wreath I made in church yesterday. Nina added the hydrangea flowers and the purple ones too...I think it is perfectly simple and lovely. Speaking of Christmas, did you see my knitting carol made it onto Knit and Plenty?

Okay, off to clean up my bags of knitting...I might be able to just have 3 bags there when I get done...
|