Wednesday, November 22, 2006

posted by Estella at 9:43 AM

One Christmas Gift Done!

My dear friend, Jackie, always has cold hands and when I decided to make the fingerless gloves (or wristwarmers) for her I searched for a pattern and found this one on Knitty. I liked it because I knew I could get the recommended Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran at the LYS. I've never knit with it before and am so glad I discovered it...it is soft and lovely and warm! This is a great fast pattern. The designer said she made them with only one skein but suggested buying two. I'm glad she did as just as I got to the top bindoff of the second glove, I ran out...I had hoped I would make it but no such luck. Anyway, I hope Jackie will love and use these all winter long. I do think they need a little quick steam blocking as suggested.
|