An answer to your cry for help.
I'm howling.
My big sister. My sister who is the bestest knitter I know. The one whose stitches are perfect. (See the pattern)
You made such a newbie knitter mistake. I'm howling.
Can you imagine a little baby, who has just learned to sit up, or perhaps toddle? His mother will run and fetch his shawl. His boy shawl. This is killing me.
Now dearest, I don't know what you can do with this, save give it as a shawl gift. Perhaps to Grammy? No, wait. You can't do that. Firstly, she lives in Florida, & doesn't need it, and secondly, it's made out of that soft novelty baby yarn. (Call me a fiber snob. I really don't care)
Perhaps Nina's American Girl Doll can use a shawl.
Ok, all isn't lost. Would you consider knitting cross wise a mate that matches, and sewing the sides together. It would still be a very long blanket. More like a skinny small child's blanket. Well, that won't really work. It would a pain in the ass, and would use up too much yarn.
Perhaps take it to a nursing home, and give it to a chilly old lady?
I made a baby blanket & hated it so much that I just tossed the entire thing.
You should consider making the blanket I sent to you. Did you lose the link? It's fast & easy, but looks better than a plain old blanket.
That's all the suggestions I have. Maybe somebody will stumble across our little blog, and will offer a clever fix.
Til then, I'm loving the bag you're making. The colors are probably gorgeous. How come a camera can't capture colors sometimes?It's very aggravating.
I MAY NOT knit today. I've got to finish my book for book club, which is on Wednesday, and I'm the leader.
My big sister. My sister who is the bestest knitter I know. The one whose stitches are perfect. (See the pattern)
You made such a newbie knitter mistake. I'm howling.
Can you imagine a little baby, who has just learned to sit up, or perhaps toddle? His mother will run and fetch his shawl. His boy shawl. This is killing me.
Now dearest, I don't know what you can do with this, save give it as a shawl gift. Perhaps to Grammy? No, wait. You can't do that. Firstly, she lives in Florida, & doesn't need it, and secondly, it's made out of that soft novelty baby yarn. (Call me a fiber snob. I really don't care)
Perhaps Nina's American Girl Doll can use a shawl.
Ok, all isn't lost. Would you consider knitting cross wise a mate that matches, and sewing the sides together. It would still be a very long blanket. More like a skinny small child's blanket. Well, that won't really work. It would a pain in the ass, and would use up too much yarn.
Perhaps take it to a nursing home, and give it to a chilly old lady?
I made a baby blanket & hated it so much that I just tossed the entire thing.
You should consider making the blanket I sent to you. Did you lose the link? It's fast & easy, but looks better than a plain old blanket.
That's all the suggestions I have. Maybe somebody will stumble across our little blog, and will offer a clever fix.
Til then, I'm loving the bag you're making. The colors are probably gorgeous. How come a camera can't capture colors sometimes?It's very aggravating.
I MAY NOT knit today. I've got to finish my book for book club, which is on Wednesday, and I'm the leader.

<< Home