Well I'm Excited
Well lookie here...Pierson's new teacher knits. I think I'll be spending some time at school during the lunch hour.
Pierson isn't interested in knitting during lunch hour. He said he didn't think many boys would be doing it, and I'm bet he's right. For now, he's knitting in the closet.
Just the same, he can knit. This was his last project. He finished it quite some time ago. It's a pillow for his grandmother. This project he did nearly entirely by himself. He still has trouble with casting on, so I did that part. He did the bind off, the sewing and the stuffing. It's a little small, but pretty cute. Next he's making a felted bowl out of the One Skein book.

Ok, so where have I been? I had no idea that this was such a fabulous book. While trolling in blog land, the baby kimono struck me as an interesting project. The construction is pretty cool. It is, of course, adorable as well. Low and behold, my local library had a copy of MDK on the shelf. It is full of great projects, mostly for the home. I'm dying to make one of the rugs, though don't really know where I'd put it. Anyhow, I think the kimono is my next project. I'm going to have to make it a bit larger than the pattern in the book, as Robin is no longer a newborn.
Pierson isn't interested in knitting during lunch hour. He said he didn't think many boys would be doing it, and I'm bet he's right. For now, he's knitting in the closet.
Just the same, he can knit. This was his last project. He finished it quite some time ago. It's a pillow for his grandmother. This project he did nearly entirely by himself. He still has trouble with casting on, so I did that part. He did the bind off, the sewing and the stuffing. It's a little small, but pretty cute. Next he's making a felted bowl out of the One Skein book.
Ok, so where have I been? I had no idea that this was such a fabulous book. While trolling in blog land, the baby kimono struck me as an interesting project. The construction is pretty cool. It is, of course, adorable as well. Low and behold, my local library had a copy of MDK on the shelf. It is full of great projects, mostly for the home. I'm dying to make one of the rugs, though don't really know where I'd put it. Anyhow, I think the kimono is my next project. I'm going to have to make it a bit larger than the pattern in the book, as Robin is no longer a newborn.

<< Home