Friday, September 08, 2006

posted by Elizabeth at 9:56 AM

I Had a Bad Feeling

I want to make a gift for Robin, who would now be, what...almost 4 months old. The Heartbreakingly Cute Kimono struck me as adorable. Since you made a baby bolero for her, I decided to make a larger size. My plan was to take the pattern and make it 1/4 larger. The increased size was working great until this mess.
I should have bound off for the neck about half way through the sleeve. Instead I followed my amended pattern, and goofed. Of course I kept on knitting....and kept on knitting.
When I finished the sleeve, and 3/4 of one of the fronts, I realized that I had screwed up. Check out how it looked when I folded the sleeve. Yeah, not so good.
I ripped out about 2 1/2 skeins worth. Arrgh.
Just the same, I'm pleased with the size. It should fit her next winter.

|