Brush with Fame
Yesterday I was the 125th person to comment on the Yarn Harlot's blog. It wasn't the first time I've left a comment. Generally I'll leave one if I've got something to say, and if I'm one of the first 100 people to comment. Honestly, what could I add that the previous 100 people hadn't alread said. There's no way Stephanie reads them all. I mean, reading comments would be a full time job for her. She does have to keep house, write books & knit as well.
So I sort of wanted to leave a comment. After all, I had come so close to actually seeing her when she was in Tahoe. I only missed her by one day. I've been eagerly waiting for her SOAR report, and wasn't let down. Man, I wish I could spin. That sounded like an amazing conference, and I'm sure they'll never do it here again. So, after reading her post, I decided, what the Hell, leave a comment.
This morning I nearly spewed coffee all over my screen when I saw that I had an e-mail from Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. It was short and to the point. But it was to me. Can you believe it?? She responded to her 125th comment. Crazy.
Because I know you're dying to know what we both said, I'll do some cutting & pasting.
I said:
"I was just wondering how one deals with so many comments.
Loved your post. Loved hearing how you seemed like a groupie, when you have so many of your own.
Sorry about the altitude sickness. Sorry you didn't get to see enough of the lake. Tahoe is amazingly blue. Sorry about the slots. They are pretty disgusting. Sorry to apologize so much. It's a foible of mine."
To which she replied:
"I apologize a lot too."
How cool is that?
Oh, I know. Not really all that cool. Not like the experience of another Reno Blogger, who had actually been mentioned on the Yarn Harlot's blog.
OK, now I'm blogged out.
So I sort of wanted to leave a comment. After all, I had come so close to actually seeing her when she was in Tahoe. I only missed her by one day. I've been eagerly waiting for her SOAR report, and wasn't let down. Man, I wish I could spin. That sounded like an amazing conference, and I'm sure they'll never do it here again. So, after reading her post, I decided, what the Hell, leave a comment.
This morning I nearly spewed coffee all over my screen when I saw that I had an e-mail from Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. It was short and to the point. But it was to me. Can you believe it?? She responded to her 125th comment. Crazy.
Because I know you're dying to know what we both said, I'll do some cutting & pasting.
I said:
"I was just wondering how one deals with so many comments.
Loved your post. Loved hearing how you seemed like a groupie, when you have so many of your own.
Sorry about the altitude sickness. Sorry you didn't get to see enough of the lake. Tahoe is amazingly blue. Sorry about the slots. They are pretty disgusting. Sorry to apologize so much. It's a foible of mine."
To which she replied:
"I apologize a lot too."
How cool is that?
Oh, I know. Not really all that cool. Not like the experience of another Reno Blogger, who had actually been mentioned on the Yarn Harlot's blog.
OK, now I'm blogged out.

<< Home