Monday, October 23, 2006

posted by Elizabeth at 2:55 PM

Another Charity Scarf

I know, this is getting a little boring. Don't I have anything better to knit....I do. Photos of it will be later in the week. This scarf is made with Brown Sheep...one of the first yarns I ever used, way back in the 80's. As a matter of fact, I think the red yarn shown here was purchased in 1989. Wonder how much I paid for it then. My new, super secret project, is also made with Brown Sheep. Here's a a great source for this fabulous yarn. The colors are limited, but the price can't be beat.
So this past weekend I went to Nevada City & Grass Valley, CA. Both are charming...but Grass Valley has the fabulous knitting store, Fibers.
One of their two walls of Manos. The selection was incredible, and the prices, reasonable.
They even had a great bag. How clever...sharpie!
My only purchase there was this yarn. I had never seen it before. At $6.50/skein, it was right up my alley. At a totally random shop, I found this copy of Jess Hutchison's book. It's out of print now, so I was pretty stoked. Her designs are so whimsical.
|