Thursday, October 26, 2006

posted by Estella at 7:08 AM

Frustrating Start to Christmas Gift



Okay, so I saw this new copy of Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts on someone's blog and went and checked it out...some great patterns including these wristwarmers which I decided to make for Christmas for my friend, Jackie, who ALWAYS has cold hands. So, I trot down to the LYS and find some silk type yarn that might have the right gauge and ask if it would work. The pattern says they used Meunch Cashmere (100% Cashmere, 63 yd) with a gauge of 6 stitches to the inch over the ribbed pattern. We look up the yarn, they have 2 different cashmeres but neither is the same as the one listed. All we need is the gauge in SS so I can get the gauge of a comparable yarn. No luck. So, I've sent an e-mail to Interweave (still haven't heard back from them) trying to figure out what to do. I was so ready to start these!
|