Saturday, February 03, 2007

posted by Estella at 9:37 AM

I guess I'm a Joiner!


I signed up for the Poppy Knitalong...what I love about these knitalongs is you can glean information BEFORE you start. So, I'm making a few changes and doing a provisional cast-on and I'll keep monitoring as I go along to learn new things. I cast on and have started the body with its striping. When I have something to show I'll post a picture.

Also while surfing the other day I found a few patterns I wanted to show you which will help us use some of new larger stash busting efforts...first this felted basket would be nice next to my knitting seat on the sofa. I also noticed this scarf...I know you've sworn them off for a while but wanted to show you anyway. Both are designed by Lucia Tedesco who has a clever blog and even some Italian knitting sites...wish my Italian was better as I saw a lovely pattern.

Back to my Poppy...every time I say "Poppy" I think of the Wizard of Oz and the Wicked Witch of the West saying "Poppies! Poppies".

|