A Long Drive with Very Little Knitting
As you mentioned yesterday, we took a long road trip last week. Nine hours from Reno to Ketchum, ID. Certainly I out to have a lot of knitting to show for it. Sorry...nothing much at all. I'm trying to finish my Red Scarf Project scarf. It's not much further until I'm done. Patience.
I did learn something very disturbing while in Ketchum. Where to begin...
One afternoon David, August & I ran to the grocery store. There's only one in Ketchum. It's akin to Foods of all Nations, which is an expensive market, albeit full of gourmet foods in the town where we were raised. Of course they had a great wine selection. This means David had to stop & check it out. While he was looking at every bottle in the store, August, who's 6, and I finished the shopping. We also went to the drug store next door & bought a few things there. This gave the guy about 30 minutes to check everything out. For those of you who don't know, my husband is in the wine business. When he looks at wine, he is lost in his own world. It is his job, after all. Anyhow, even I get bored when he looks at wine. You can imagine how much the kids hate it when he does it.
Skip to the next day. I'm going out to lunch with Annie & August. While walking to the restaurant, I notice the knitting store. I had done my research. I knew there was a shop in town. Of course it was my intention to check it out. I mentioned to the kids that we would go there after lunch. You would have thought I told them they had to clean their rooms. I couldn't believe it. The moaning & groaning was unbelievable. Whenever I haul them in a yarn store, I always try to be as quick as I possibly can. It's very hard, but I do my best. There was no way that going to a knitting store with me could be anywhere as bad as going to a wine shop with Dad. They assured me it was. I was crushed.
Next time we're in Ketchum I'm going to escape from those creepy kids, and have a leisurely time in the knitting store.
Now, upon returning home, I find that my sister wants to participate in Knit From Your Stash. I was going to go to Stiches West. Guess it will have to wait until next year. Sigh.
Dodo - you sign us up. I'll post the button on the sidebar.
I did learn something very disturbing while in Ketchum. Where to begin...
One afternoon David, August & I ran to the grocery store. There's only one in Ketchum. It's akin to Foods of all Nations, which is an expensive market, albeit full of gourmet foods in the town where we were raised. Of course they had a great wine selection. This means David had to stop & check it out. While he was looking at every bottle in the store, August, who's 6, and I finished the shopping. We also went to the drug store next door & bought a few things there. This gave the guy about 30 minutes to check everything out. For those of you who don't know, my husband is in the wine business. When he looks at wine, he is lost in his own world. It is his job, after all. Anyhow, even I get bored when he looks at wine. You can imagine how much the kids hate it when he does it.
Skip to the next day. I'm going out to lunch with Annie & August. While walking to the restaurant, I notice the knitting store. I had done my research. I knew there was a shop in town. Of course it was my intention to check it out. I mentioned to the kids that we would go there after lunch. You would have thought I told them they had to clean their rooms. I couldn't believe it. The moaning & groaning was unbelievable. Whenever I haul them in a yarn store, I always try to be as quick as I possibly can. It's very hard, but I do my best. There was no way that going to a knitting store with me could be anywhere as bad as going to a wine shop with Dad. They assured me it was. I was crushed.
Next time we're in Ketchum I'm going to escape from those creepy kids, and have a leisurely time in the knitting store.
Now, upon returning home, I find that my sister wants to participate in Knit From Your Stash. I was going to go to Stiches West. Guess it will have to wait until next year. Sigh.
Dodo - you sign us up. I'll post the button on the sidebar.

<< Home