Friday, January 19, 2007

posted by Elizabeth at 6:19 AM

See...I have been busy.

First I finished my scarf for the Red Scarf project. Crappy photo, but I wanted to show how long it is. You don't like socks, well, I can't stand scarves. Why do they have to be so dang long? I mean, I like them better when they're long, but I get sooo bored knitting them. Please thump me on the head if I say I want to make another one.

Here's the close up of my fine handiwork.

The pattern Misty Garden from Scarf Style, though it was also in the holiday issue of Interweave Knits. I used Brown Sheep Lambs Pride out of my stash. So I decided to try to make the "Luxe Neck Warmer" you liked. The stitch pattern is really similar to the scarf I just made. I chose to make it out of some alpaca that I had. As I knit it , I realized it was going to be too small. (Swatch, what swatch?) However, it looked like it could fit as a hat. With a little work, I figured out how to decrease while maintaining some semblance of the pattern. I love it. It's my first real pattern. I mean, I truly had to take pen to paper & figure out how to do this sucker. Annie's teacher even complimented me on it.
Nothing like multitasking while driving. Have you seen those Allstate commercials. The guy didn't mention the person who takes their own picture while driving the kids to school.


|