Five Decades of Knitting Patterns in an Attic
I learned that the lady of the house was a crafter at heart as there were boxes of fabric and old patterns. Then in an attic room I found these gems which include 5 decades of knitting design. I also picked up some yarn but nothing too exciting.
This first book is Bernat's Handknit Classics from 1945 and cost the original owner 50 cents. A sampling of some of the patterns for men, women, and children.
This Scandia Bernat book dates from 1961. Most of the patterns are with chunky yarns and I've included a sample of the pattern overview page.
This Leisure Arts book "Sweaters for Women" dates from 1982...this is the one I'm least likely to use for anything as the patterns are rather dull.
Whomever lived in that house must have loved to save things and I'm so glad she did. I hope she is smiling up in heaven knowing that I'm going to use these books and appreciate what she so carefully saved.

<< Home