Sunday, September 10, 2006

posted by Estella at 9:17 AM

Here's what is on my needles...what's on yours?

Okay, so I figured I would show you the variety of projects I have going. First is a scarf I started just 2 days ago using some Laines du Nord Opaline that I had in my stash from the LYS sale. The pattern is Wavy Gravy from Stitch N Bitch Nation. It takes on a softer shape in this nubbly yarn...it is mindless knitting which I don't have to watch too much (my vertigo is getting the better of my knitting sometimes).





This is the sweater I'm making on commission for Anna so John can have it for Christmas. I'm using Knit Picks Andean Silk in Hollyberry which is very nice to work with and the price sure is right! It's a fun cable pattern and is a minor labor of love.


This is a closeup of a Pivocoli done in Classic Elite Venue. As you can see the stitches while meeting gauge are just too tight(my test swatch got me down to size 4's - Yikes! instead of the 6 that the yarn supposedly calls for) and this isn't knitting up smoothly. I'm not happy with this yarn for this pattern and think I'll frog the whole thing.

Now what to do with 5 Skeins of Venue???? I got a book called "Knitting with Ribbon Yarn" out of the library and will see if I can put this lovely color to use. Venue is a very narrow ribbon.
As you can see, I didn't get far on the whole project.


This is my stash of FO's which I'm hoping to sell all layed out. A friend is coming by and I wanted to show it to her.

The other new and exciting development is I've been hired to teach knitting to 3rd and 4th graders (small group 5 max) at the kid's school for an afternoon program. It's one day a week for 8 weeks I think and I'm hoping to bring in some extra cash. If you have any good starter projects, let me know. We have the supplies cost built into the fee so I'm going to get each child a set of bamboo needles and a skein of Cascade 220. I figure we'd spend part of the first session using my umbrella swift and yarn winder! Any suggestions for this class are welcome.

Next project might be SitCom Chic for someone else....

So, what's on your needles????
|