Frog Pond
Night before last I was working on my b-day present for Cat and I tried it on. I was at the point where I could put the back stitches on stitch holders and work the front. I had a sneaky suspicion that it was too big...and it was. I had knit 13.5 inches of torso (front and back on circulars) only to find I needed to frog the whole f-ing thing. No pictures...but it is done and sitting in the bag and I just can't pick it up again (I'll tell you over the phone the other reason why I can't work on it). I looked again at the directions as I've made this for myself and realized that I had made the smaller size and never noted it on the pattern except for at the armhole decreases where I underlined how many I needed to do. NOTE TO SELF FOR FUTURE: When knitting a pattern be sure and write down what size you made so when you make it again you know your frame of reference for sizing.
So now I'm on to this pattern for Miss America...of course I got the yarn at the LYS closing...got it when I had to go back and get a refund on the mischarged book. Maybe I can finish it before Florida?
When you get your computer back, let me know what you've been up to! I miss hearing from you. I'm also looking in the mailbox every day for me to test your hat pattern...xoxo
So now I'm on to this pattern for Miss America...of course I got the yarn at the LYS closing...got it when I had to go back and get a refund on the mischarged book. Maybe I can finish it before Florida?
When you get your computer back, let me know what you've been up to! I miss hearing from you. I'm also looking in the mailbox every day for me to test your hat pattern...xoxo

<< Home