Saturday, February 24, 2007

posted by Estella at 6:21 AM

Poppy is now an FO














It's finished and I think it turned out beautifully. I'm sure the torso part would have looked smoother with the Noro Cash Iroha as recommended. The Manos I chose is a little nubbly.

Instead of doing a 3 needle bindoff seam on the torso I did the kitchener stitch...makes the whole piece seamless and no bulky seam. The pattern called for the seam in the back but I chose to put the kitchener seam on the side...you can't even really see it.

I got the sleeves to match up by choosing 2 skeins at the very beginning which started with the same segment of colorway. I put those aside and used the other skeins to match up both sides of the front V. The back doesn't match too closely to the front but I did make sure that the color at the shoulder was the same.

If you are wondering how I got this done so quickly...a few days where I got the Desperate Housewives Second Season DVD's out of the library...great to watch while knitting and trying to complete. Maybe I'll call it my Desperate Poppy!













We're going to Anna's for dinner tonight...I think I'll wear this with some winter white corduroy pants.


|