I've Been a Baaad Blogger
Yes, yes, Estella is right. I haven't been a part of this blog for a while. This is due, for the most part, because my computer died. I've had a new one for a while, but still no post. Lazy on my part. Just the same, she's got no reason to bitch at me. After all, she doesn't blog all summer when she's at the beach. I've been stuck here in Reno, not basking in the sun.
Anyhow, not much to report on the knitting front. I've finished a few projects, but neglected to take pictures. Right now I'm most of the way through a yoga mat bag. The strap is giving me fits. The pattern just doesn't make sense to me.
I have been very busy in other creative endeavours.
A little background info is needed. Due to budget cuts in Nevada, there is no art taught in the elementary schools. Luckily for my kids, the parents pick up the slack. I've been a volunteer art teacher for 4 years now. At my kid's school we just had Fine Arts Night. What this means is there is an art show of the children's favorite artwork. I, along with two other mothers had to cut mats for 52 pieces of artwork. I then, all by my little self, hung them on the bulletin boards outside the classrooms.
The art program is supported by the PTA, but we also raise funds by making a class project and selling it. I was the coordinator in two classes, and a helper in a third class. It was all that I could do to make one piece of art to sell.
I had the kids mix paint, and use round stencils to create this masterpiece.
It's a totally crappy photo. There was a shortage of space, as you can see, so it was put upright. To me it looks much better horizontally. I had to involve 24 kids in the making of this piece. It wasn't as easy as it sounds.
There will be knitting in my next post. I promise.
Anyhow, not much to report on the knitting front. I've finished a few projects, but neglected to take pictures. Right now I'm most of the way through a yoga mat bag. The strap is giving me fits. The pattern just doesn't make sense to me.
I have been very busy in other creative endeavours.
A little background info is needed. Due to budget cuts in Nevada, there is no art taught in the elementary schools. Luckily for my kids, the parents pick up the slack. I've been a volunteer art teacher for 4 years now. At my kid's school we just had Fine Arts Night. What this means is there is an art show of the children's favorite artwork. I, along with two other mothers had to cut mats for 52 pieces of artwork. I then, all by my little self, hung them on the bulletin boards outside the classrooms.
The art program is supported by the PTA, but we also raise funds by making a class project and selling it. I was the coordinator in two classes, and a helper in a third class. It was all that I could do to make one piece of art to sell.
I had the kids mix paint, and use round stencils to create this masterpiece.
There will be knitting in my next post. I promise.

<< Home