Friday, March 30, 2007

posted by Estella at 4:49 AM

Okay, I GIVE UP!

So, I made this shell out of Classic Elite Flash 2 summers ago. When the LYS went out of business I bought more to make the sweater as a birthday gift. I decided to knit it in the round as the pattern could be easily adapted to do so. Well, I frogged it a few weeks ago when I realized I was making the wrong size...

So, I got to the 13.5 inches for the bind off for the sleeves and tried it on...it is STILL too big! I was checking my gauge all along but am obviously knitting looser on circulars. See, here is the original shell over the old shell...you can see it is at least 4 inches too big as there is an inch on either side. I'm going to have to frog it again!

NOW I'm making it for myself as I wasn't feeling love the first time...for reasons we've discussed. NOW I'm not feeling love as I have to frog it again and I thought I was so clever adapting the pattern. My husband said "can't you just make it smaller right now?" NOT!



Here's how it looks on the needles so far. Love the color but can't have this too big.


Closeup of how much bigger it is.

So, I'm frogging, putting it away, and come this summer I'll knit it as the pattern is written so it will fit.

I have NOTHING on needles right now and I'm not happy about that. This weekend I'm swatching for Sahara...I'm nervous about making it as it is very fitted and I want to do it right.
|