Wednesday, December 12, 2007

posted by Elizabeth at 9:13 AM

It's Embarrassing

I know...it's "Show Me the Knitting" and I haven't.

I know...it's "Two Sisters, one blog" and there has been only one sister.

Sorry. After a while, it becomes embarrassing, and I don't even look at the blog. I have been knitting, and I have been thinking about blogging...just haven't been doing it.

So, I take a deep breath, and jump in again, knowing you won't hold it against me.

Estella knows this but I guess it is still worth saying, last August my family moved from Reno, NV, to Lake Tahoe, CA. (It's only about 45 minutes away from where we used to live) We're renting a little tiny house, until our home in Reno sells.
The Reno house is being left furnished so we're living with odds and ends of furniture here. This has greatly impacted my knitting. I used to think that a TV was necessary for serious knitting time, but now I believe it's a sofa. We have only one large chair, which we all seem to fight over.

My husband and I keep telling ourselves that this is a temporary living situation....

I'm loving life here in the mountains. Last week we got a foot of snow, and we're finally doing some skiing. It has been really cold too, so I've been able to show off lots of my creations.

August, 7, captured our icicles.

Annie requested some mittens. I decided on the Manly Mitts. If they're warm enough for a Wisconsin winter, than they're warm enough for here. Of course several modifications were made so that they were no longer of a manly size.
Now August wants a pair.
|