Tuesday, May 13, 2008

posted by Estella at 9:44 AM

Getting My Knitting Mojo Back

They say time heals all wounds and the loss of our dear friend will take a lot of time. Thank you for the kind words you all left...I'm slowly picking up my knitting as baseball games demand I do something with my hands.

Today is my birthday and I was given the gift that will definitely get my knitting mojo back - a new knitting bag. My sister (whom I made the hat for) gave it to me as a purse but when I saw it I thought "The Knitting Bag I Wanted for My Birthday but Didn't Tell Anyone". It has a zippered top and lots of pockets inside and outside too...it also has a bottom liner so it will stand up and not tip over (a problem with my old knitting bag which also was a Vera Bradley with NO zipper).














I've been working on my lavender Lace Ribbon Scarf - one more skein to go. I do like the pattern as it becomes a comfortable and easily memorized repeat.


This is my Turtleneck Tube Vest from Fitted Knits by Stefanie Japel. So far it is fun and easy...however, I'm realizing I might have to get a special bra to wear with it as all my shoulders will be showing. If I like it when it is done, I might also whip it up with the Berroco Touche I have in my stash from the frogged Sahara.
|