Monday, January 08, 2007

posted by Estella at 9:41 AM

Stash Knitting...It's All About the Right Tools

So, I had a 30% off coupon and $2.50 left on my Borders Holiday Rewards to spend so I decided I would pick up a knitting book to help me knit from my stash.

I found One-Skein Wonders by Judith Durant...a collection of 101 patterns from yarn shops using just one skein. This is full of great patterns (like One Skein) but doesn't have the fancy photography and styling...hence I don't think it's been that noticed yet. What I like about it is that all the projects are grouped by yarn weight...makes it easier to work from your stash. Some of the patterns are written oddly (ie the pattern you work is in the sidebar and not part of the whole pattern) but for the most part it is a very usable book.

So, see the top row of pictures the 4th one (a reddish cowl)...it's called Sofia Cowl. I pulled out the yarn you sent me for my birthday and here's how far I've gotten with one skein (I'll need 2 because the yarn in the pattern has more yardage than my skeins). It's hard to see the pretty pattern that works up but I think this will live around my neck (if it ever gets truly cold here...I was walking in leggings and a tank top on Saturday as it was almost 70 degrees - yikes!).









Anyway, check out the book if you can...maybe you have a coupon waiting to be used or a gift card?

So, what did you knit on your 9 hour trip to Idaho?
|