Yes, I'm alive.
I don't know what it is, but I've been a bit too crazy to knit or blog. It isn't that I'm not inspired, I think I may be, gasp, just too lazy. Ugly, I know. Hopefully I'll snap out of it soon. Actually, it's only fair that Estella should have to carry a bit of the load prior to leaving the blog for the summer. Sure she can do a post here or there...but no photos. We have to wait for September for that.
Anyhow...inspired by a post by Scout, I whipped up one of these. I only had one skein, so had to graft the ends to make a headband. Oh, I made a few other changes, to suit the yarn, but it fits perfectly, and I love it. It's a great way to hide the hair when I need to wash it (or when the roots are really showing ;)
It's an easy pattern, and I look forward to making another one, when my yarn diet is over in September.
Yeah, I know...another car shot. Really, why do I feel compelled to photograph myself as I drive my kids to school?
I whipped up two pair of Magic 28 socks. Evidently I don't have a magical bone in my body, as I had to change the pattern a bit. Of course, it would help if I was knitting to gauge. Gauge...gauge...I don't need no stinkn gauge. Just the same, they'll keep some little one's feet warm, and that's the point. I still don't know where to send them. Anyone out there have any suggestions. Dulaan?

Anyhow...inspired by a post by Scout, I whipped up one of these. I only had one skein, so had to graft the ends to make a headband. Oh, I made a few other changes, to suit the yarn, but it fits perfectly, and I love it. It's a great way to hide the hair when I need to wash it (or when the roots are really showing ;)
It's an easy pattern, and I look forward to making another one, when my yarn diet is over in September.
Yeah, I know...another car shot. Really, why do I feel compelled to photograph myself as I drive my kids to school?
So, while I may not have been posting on our blog, I still have been reading plenty of others. A few things to note:
* Phew - Purl is alive after all. It's strange to be worried about somebody you don't even know.
* Have you seen Jennifer's knit nook. It is so cool. I want one of my own. She has found some great stuff to put in it.
* Did you read about the brouhaha over at Alison's blog? Scroll down to the second post "No Sale." I've been reading her blog for a long time, and truly believe this woman doesn't have a mean bone in her body. Have you ever been in a snooty yarn store? The lady working in the store I went to in Grass Valley, CA was a bit cool, but warmed up as I was making my purchase. I must say, I love going into different yarn stores, and have yet to find anyone downright rude.
* Oh, and in a non-blog related thing...do you get Knitty Gritty? We just recently started getting it on our cable. I have always been dying to see it, but haven't been overly impressed so far. I've only seen three episodes, none of which thrilled me all that much. Don't worry, I plan on watching it every morning...looking for that project I would love to do.

<< Home