Tuesday, May 08, 2007

posted by Elizabeth at 7:21 PM

See, I Have Been Knitting

This took me forever to finish. Not because it was a lot of knitting, but because I had a little trouble getting the yarn for it. (Ok, I'll admit that it's the largest thing I've knit in a very long time)
Anyhow, I've taken this "Knit From Your Stash" thing pretty seriously. I had a lot of old Noro Kureyon left over. Half skeins, whole skeins all over the place. A while ago I took up yoga. The Child's Pose was none too relaxing for me when I was smelling a stinky mat. I got my own, then remembered that I had a cool pattern for a felted yoga mat bag. The pattern called for Manos, which is way out of my frugal budget. (Nothing like a $75 mat bag, that you had to make, for a $20 mat.) I thought my huge stash of Noro would make a great substitution. I made it about 2/3 the way through when I ran out. Calls were made to Estella, who was no help. So, I turned to e-Bay. It took a while, and I love it. Do you ever finish a project, and you can't keep your hands off of it? I've stroked this thing 50 times or more. I can't wait to take it to class. With my luck, nobody will compliment me on it.
In non-knitting news, my youngest lost one of his top front teeth. I can't wait for the other one to come out.
When I can, I'll show you what I'm doing for the Magic 28 ring that you may have noticed that I've joined.
|