Wednesday, September 03, 2008

posted by Estella at 10:38 AM

Pictures At Last!

Well, I am home, unpacking and realizing I now have photos to share with you.
Let's see...my summer goals were:
1. Finish Awards Night Dress (Cotton Bamboo Top retrofitted into a dress for my daughter - here in Ravelry).
2. Starskey Jr for my daughter
3. Another fitted knits tube top using Touche
4. Finish Callie Cardigan
5. If I have time, make another cowl or two.

#1 Finish Awards Night Dress - check. Looks lovely on her but she wore it to other events than Awards Night. I had to add in extra elastic in the bodice and straps as the Knit Picks CotLin stretched a bit after one wearing. It served as inspiration for a friend in our beach Stitch 'n Bitch to make one for her daughter.

#4 Finish Callie Cardigan - check! I have yet to model it on me (my resident photographer is in school right now) and it does need buttons too. What do you think for the buttons? Wood or silver/pewter?

#3 Starsky Jr for my daughter - not a full check but got a good start on it. I loved the pattern but found it too intricate for watching the Olympics or Stitch 'n Bitch or watching the kids' tennis tournaments. So it sat around a lot. Back on track now that I'm home.

So, what happened to #2 and #5 - Nothing! I did however whip up another Sophie Bag which I'll post after I've felted it. I also made a tiny sweater ornament. Lastly, I helped a friend finish her first sweater...so all in all I got a lot done.














I purchased this during the last week of summer to make the Interweave Knits Braided Pullover. I can't wait to cast on. I won a contest in June and used some of my $25 gift certificate to purchase the yarn.
|