Knitting on the Beach
Okay, as my sister knows and some of you know, my kids and I bug out of town for the summer and go to the Jersey Shore. Unfortunately, I won't have regular computer access as my in-laws' house had rotary phones up until 3 years ago...trust me computers aren't happening there.
Anyway, in the past, I've seen ladies knitting on the beach. Notice I call them "ladies" and not "moms". This is something I've never dared to do...my fears including sunscreen from my hands, sand, salt water from little ones suddenly needing my undivided attention, etc...all things that could damage what I'm working on.
So, here's the question I pose...have you knitted in the summer at the beach or the pool or lakeside? Any ideas for keeping my work safe if I venture forth? I'd love to keep going on my knitting while idling on the beach (trust me it doesn't happen daily as I'm running around doing kids sailing, tennis, etc!)?
On the knitting front, I'm making Sahara and really loving how the pattern is written. However I got a good 6 inches into it and realized I needed to make a larger size even though it is supposed to be form fitting this would have fit a 6 year old's form. So I frogged it and went up a size...I'm sorry I won't be able to show it to you until summer is over.
In addition to Sahara, I've packed Sunrise Circle Jacket, two baby boleros from One Skein and a shell which I've frogged twice and will finish this time.
In the meantime, Elizabeth will be bearing the brunt on postings...thank you Wooly!
Happy Summer...I'll try and check in and give updates from the local library computer.
Anyway, in the past, I've seen ladies knitting on the beach. Notice I call them "ladies" and not "moms". This is something I've never dared to do...my fears including sunscreen from my hands, sand, salt water from little ones suddenly needing my undivided attention, etc...all things that could damage what I'm working on.
So, here's the question I pose...have you knitted in the summer at the beach or the pool or lakeside? Any ideas for keeping my work safe if I venture forth? I'd love to keep going on my knitting while idling on the beach (trust me it doesn't happen daily as I'm running around doing kids sailing, tennis, etc!)?
On the knitting front, I'm making Sahara and really loving how the pattern is written. However I got a good 6 inches into it and realized I needed to make a larger size even though it is supposed to be form fitting this would have fit a 6 year old's form. So I frogged it and went up a size...I'm sorry I won't be able to show it to you until summer is over.
In addition to Sahara, I've packed Sunrise Circle Jacket, two baby boleros from One Skein and a shell which I've frogged twice and will finish this time.
In the meantime, Elizabeth will be bearing the brunt on postings...thank you Wooly!
Happy Summer...I'll try and check in and give updates from the local library computer.

<< Home