Sunday, July 15, 2007

posted by Elizabeth at 3:51 PM

What a Lucky Girl Am I

My birthday is this month, and Estella, ever organized, sent my present to me a few weeks early. It had to be opened promptly, lest it become damaged while folded in the box. Clearly she was excited to get it in the mail, as it was hastily wrapped in tissue. No hiding what it was.

She had hinted at a super secret project that she was making. I must say, I was hoping that it was for me, as I loved the colors.

Sorry for the super crappy photo. The handles are absolutely beautiful. I should know, I gave them to her for her birthday a few years back. Nothing like giving to yourself!
She also tossed in a darling pair of earrings that I have worn for two days straight.
Thanks, Dodo.

I have been doing a little knitting of my own. Despite Leslie's words of encouragement, I frogged the scarf. Wasn't feeling the love.
Socks seemed to be the perfect thing to knit poolside. Of course I pick a popular pattern. Call me a sheep, I don't care. Purple & green. I love these two colors when they're side by side.
Oh, and I finished the hat I made on the Idaho trip. It's the wrong side of mock rib. I love the nubbly texture. It's sized for about a 4-5 year old. Annie has the smallest head in the family, so she was my model.
The hat goes into my charity pile, along with two pair of socks. Hopefully some little girl will love it.
|